Update on the crazy things I am doing!

Phoebe officially announced the Mrs Hawking proof of concept film project at our Watch City show, so I can officially announce it here! We are actually still in the market for volunteer crew for the entire shoot, and volunteer extras for a ballroom scene shooting on June 19th. See the link for more details, or email mrshawkingweb@gmail.com. We seem to have finally been successful at hammering the importance of crowdfunding into Phoebe's head, so you will also notice a Donate link down at the bottom, just in case you can't join us but would like to throw a few bucks our way nonetheless.

My wonderful brand-new dance company Found Objects has gotten an official time and place for our debut performance, as part of the Festival of Us, You, We, & Them: June 24th, 12-12:50 pm, on the patio outside the Dance Complex (536 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA). There will be six of us with vibrantly rainbow fan veils, five of whom have never tried using them before! Come see what a few weeks of rehearsal and a lot of enthusiasm can do!

I've just managed to get through a beginning flamenco class without stomping on myself or anybody else, so hooray me. Maestra is very persuasive, and for some reason has a great deal of faith in me, so after three whole weeks of practice, I'll be joining them for the Dance for World Community Festival in Harvard Square, at 2:40 pm, on June 9th. I'll be with them for the reprise at the Festival of Us, You, We, & Them on June 23rd, although sadly I cannot be there for the re-reprise the next day.

I am also going to be event staff for some of the Dancing Queerly events this June at the Dance Complex. Technically, as a dance studio, every month is Pride there, but they pull out all the stops for June -- I just clued one of our staffers in to the fact that the florist across the street can supply rainbow carnations if you order in advance, and she seemed thrilled at the idea. The full list of events is varied and can be found at www.dancingqueerlyboston.com, but I do know that I am staffing the Rainbow Cocktails! party on June 10th.

I'm likely, although not guaranteed, to pop up at the gender-neutral ballroom workshop on June 2nd. These are the guys teaching it. As you all well know, glitter and flash are basically my favorites, and I am annoyed by everyone assuming I will always follow because I'm a girl, so this is just my speed.

On a related note: DEAR GOD DO NOT ASK ME TO DO ANYTHING ELSE IN THE MONTH OF JUNE. Unless you are literally going to die if I do not help you with the thing, I'm sorry, but I cannot do it. Ask me after the 4th of July.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The mystery of "Himmmm"

Fun things to feed rats